Saturday, January 1, 2011

Near the end or just a scare?

Mom is on anti-seizure meds. In spite of that she suffered a severe and prolonged brain seizure on 29th December. It was one of the most unpleasant sights that I have ever seen in my life. She was shaking uncontrollably and foaming at the mouth. I felt fairly confident at that time but have been under a shadow of constant fear since then.

She was rushed to the hospital - carrying her into the car was a big feat in itself since she is still 70-80kgs though she has lost some weight since she fell ill. She regained consciousness by the time they reached the hospital... and the doctors discharged her after raising the doses of the meds in the prescription.

She has been hazy since then, a certain lethargy and uncertainty on her face - seems like the monstor called cancer is taking over the indomitable spirit of mom. I wish on this day of New Year that she manages to beat this monster - even if I am wishing for something near-impossible, still miracles do happen and each child's birth is a testimony to that.

Yes mom you can do it. Beat the shit out of this monster. Then we will laugh together several years later - maybe when I have white in my hair and you have your toothless grin. In hope of that day - a very happy new year to mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment